The world is facing an unexpected situation at the moment. This pandemic might be causing you stress and anxiety. These feelings are a normal response; however, it is very important to make sure you use some time for self-care for peace of mind. We put together a list of 5 ways to practice self-care from home:
1. Stay Active
Staying active is very important. Exercise is great for you physically and mentally.
There are many ways to stay active while being at home or by practicing social distancing.
- Trying an at home work out on YouTube.
- Going for a walk/jog, remember to always practice social distancing by staying 6ft apart. Always wear sunscreen when going outdoors.
- Some fitness instructors are going Live on social media, it’s like a personal fitness coach in your home.
We’re probably experiencing more stress than ever now. Taking 10 minutes to practice meditation can help to cope with some stress and will bring clarity.
- Guided mediation app Headspace, is great for beginners.
- Youtube has free videos on meditation.
- Audiobooks- although not direct mediation, taking some time to listen to something positive or enjoyable.
3. Check-In with Others
We can’t hang out with our friends and even family members but we can still stay connected. Although this is not an alone activity, we are social creatures and spending some virtual time, can help with reducing stress and uplift your mood.
- Use FaceTime, Zoom, WhatsApp, or even a phone call.
Although we want to know what’s going on, a lot on the news can be overwhelming and scary. Taking some time in your day to unplug is important. Set up a time where you’ll unplug for an hour, this includes no social media. Put your phone down, turn off your tv and just live in the moment. Maybe work on a home chore you always wanted to do, or just enjoy time on your porch or by your pool.
5. Embrace a Hobby
Try focusing on something you always enjoyed, it doesn’t have to be crafty. Sitting down to read your favorite novel can be your hobby of choice. Taking time to do the things you loved but maybe never had a chance to can bring joy doing these times.
Lastly, do not forget that we are all in this together. We are feeling scared and overwhelmed, but by taking care of yourself will make you a better you for your family, friends, children, team. Calming the mind during these times is very important for your health.
Let's Stay Connected
Follow us on Instagram:@Hamprtonsun